Life in the rear-view mirror

Life in the rear-view mirror

torsdag 27. september 2012

Blodbøk

One day I’m working at a graveyard which has a particularly nice big tree with red leaves. It is raining heavily this day and at some point I decide that both me and my hardworking machine need a break to dry up a bit, and what better place than under this massive tree who’s leaves seem heavy with blood and who’s base I and a colleague have unsuccessfully tried to reach around. Considering the nourishment that has inspired this giant to go so far in reaching for heaven, the colour is quite fitting. Wearing bright orange pants, slightly radioactive looking and waterproof beyond belief, I just sat right down on the ground, leaning on the tree. Another reason I frequently choose this spot is that no one can see me sitting there unless they happen to walk into this part of the graveyard. However, having settled on the ground, I look up and realize I am not alone. Being slightly damaged (in the mind that is) by my work, I tend to only notice green stuff that grows when I work. I have a certain talent for tunnel vision, but now I can see clearly that I am surrounded... by gravestones that is. All of which were facing me it seems. In my ears, my iPod is going on and on about positive thinking. Not of its own accord though, it is playing my audio book. Usually I see stuff that need to be done, now I see dead people, or rather their names, spelled out with leathers of varying quality. How sad. Now that they were all facing me, I feel like I should say something. Some of these stones look very depressing, but I can’t think of anything good and positive to say. I sigh, lean my head back and look up into the sky of red leaves. I make a disdainful grimace at the positive talk in my ears.
“Positive thinking? Well isn’t this a most perfect day to be negative?” I think as the rain picks up even more and the red drops fall from the bloody leaves and onto my face. After all, who am I to discriminate against certain thoughts just because their dark and depressing.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar